Just as East Hampton and Portland have recovered from the another winter storm is bearing down on the area.
'Widespread' & 'Significant'
The storm is predicted to bring with it "widespread" and "significant" precipitation.
"The precipitation is forecast to be mainly rain at the coast and a wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain inland," the meteorologists stated in their report, with a "possibility for significant snowfall accumulations across Connecticut's "far interior zones."
They added, however, that there is "still quite a bit of uncertainty" for this storm, and where area's receive mainly snow or mainly rain — or a mix in between — will depend on how the storm eventually tracks.
Here is this weekend's weather outlook for North Haven:
- Friday: Sunny, with a high near 39. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Friday Night: Increasing clouds, with a low around 30. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph after midnight.
- Saturday: A chance of rain and snow before noon, then rain. High near 39. East wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night: Rain before 1am, then rain and snow. Low around 32. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Sunday: A chance of snow before 9am, then a chance of rain and snow between 9am and 11am, then a chance of rain after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.