Ticket sales began Saturday for “$1,000,000 Super Draw.” Buy a ticket, and you could celebrate New Year’s Day 2012 as a lottery millionaire! It could happen if the numbers on your ticket match the lucky numbers that will be selected for the Connecticut Lottery’s draw game “$1,000,000 Super Draw” on Jan. 1, 2012.
According to a press release from state lottery officials, sales for “Super Draw” began at 2,700 lottery retailers across the state and will continue until Dec. 31, or whenever the game’s supply of tickets – just 275,000 – are sold out.
“The limit of 275,000 tickets for Super Draw is one of the unique characteristics of this draw game,” Anne M. Noble, President and CEO of the Connecticut Lottery Corporation said in the release. “Super Draw currently offers the best odds of winning $1,000,000 in a CT Lottery game and assures that a $1,000,000 prize winning ticket will be drawn on January 1, 2012. We expect Super Draw will be a sell-out and a winning experience for lottery enthusiasts.”
Based on game sell-out, the overall odds to win one of the 1,311 guaranteed prizes in the game are a favorable 1 in 210. To win the $1,000,000 top prize, odds are 1 in 275,000, which are the best offered in a Connecticut Lottery game.
“In 2010, the Lottery introduced the ‘Super Draw’ game with great success,” Noble said. “The game is designed to be a winner for players and also for the state. We expect to return $1,000,000 to the general fund through ticket sales of Super Draw – making everyone in Connecticut a winner.”
$1,000,000 Super Draw game details:
- Draw-style game, tickets are printed from the Lottery terminal
- Tickets cost $10 each
- Only 275,000 tickets available for purchase
- Tickets print in sequence, beginning with 100001 and ending with 375000
- One drawing will be held on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012, to select winning numbers
- Original ticket required to claim any prize won
- Sales end when all tickets are sold or on Dec. 31, 2011, whichever comes first
- Guaranteed $1 million top prize winning ticket will be drawn
- Additional guaranteed prizes to be drawn include 10 winners of $20,000 each, 50 winners of $1,000 each, 1,250 winners of $100 each
The Connecticut Lottery reminds the public that purchasers must be 18 or older, and to please play responsibly. For information about the Connecticut Lottery Corporation, visit ctlottery.org.