State police had a busy Christmas weekend, reporting two fatal accidents among the 260 accidents that were reported.
From midnight Dec. 23 through midnight Dec. 26, state police reported:
- 260 motor vehicle accidents
- 36 accidents with injuries
- 2 accidents with fatalities
- 36 arrests for driving while intoxicated
- 502 arrests for speeding
- 43 arrests for seat belt violations
- 815 arrests for other motor vehicle violations, including unsafe lane change, cell phone violation, following too close, etc.
Over the New Year Holiday there will be additional Connecticut State Troopers who will be assigned to patrol Connecticut’s highways and roadways, state police said.
“These troopers are only a part of the team effort that will try to keep our highways and roadways safe. We need the help of all of our citizens to keep our highways safe and reduce the total number of motor vehicle accidents in our State.”